What you need to know about Ravi Zacharias in Auckland this Friday
We are having an overwhelming response to our Foundations of Western Culture event (see here) where Dr Ravi Zacharias and Mark Powell are speaking at Harbourside Church this Friday night. We are aware of buses coming from Whangarei, Hamilton and Tauranga – and some people flying in from as far away as Nelson and Christchurch – and the online chatter and excitement has been hugely encouraging!
This response is a testament to the increasing demand for good Christian Apologetics training for the New Zealand Church – something core to our mission here at Thinking Matters!
But if you are coming – you need to know the following:
1) PARKING: The carpark only holds 400 cars – so please car-pool if possible! Once the carpark is full the car-park will be closed and you’ll need to park in the surrounding streets (free at that time of evening – we suggest Barrys Point Rd) or at Akoranga Transport Station (11 minute walk to Harbourside Church – see map on right).
There will be some reserved parks for car’s with Disability Stickers – but these will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
2) ARRIVE EARLY: We only have capacity for 1,600 people (including overflow rooms). So we will be CLOSING THE DOORS ONCE FILLED and you may be turned away if we don’t have room for you! Please understand it will be a FIRST-IN-FIRST-SERVED allocation of seats – so you will need to get there early to ensure seats. Doors will open at 6:30pm.
3) CASH PREFERED: We’ve done our best to keep costs down for you – so it’s only $5 at the door. But we ask that you please bring cash so we can get you into the building as quickly as possible. There will be Eft-Pos available but you risk a higher chance of being turned away because the Eft-Pos queues will mean you get in later than those who come with cash.
4) NO SAVING SEATS: Sorry but we ask that you do NOT save seats for friends. We will be seating everyone with no empty seats left so we can easily judge when the venue is full and we need to close the doors.
5) LIVE STREAM: Because we don’t want anyone to miss out on this exciting event – we will be live-streaming the entire event so you can watch it from home. You’ll be able to tune in and watch the live stream here: www.ThinkingMatters.org.nz/Ravi
We sincerely apologise to anyone who might be turned away on the night. In the future – with better funding – we will ensure we have a bigger venue (perhaps Vector Arena!) But we can only do this with financial support from those who believe in what we do. So please consider partnering with us and becoming a donor by clicking here.
We look forward to seeing you on Friday!