The paperback version of the Kindle book, True Reason: Christian Responses to the Challenges of Atheism, which Matt wrote a chapter for, recently arrived from the publishers. This release has been re-released as True Reason: Confronting the Irrationality of the New Atheism (the link takes you to the book’s official website).
True Reason is still edited by Tom Gilson and Carson Weitnauer and is still published by Kregal Publications; however, this edition has been updated and expanded and it has two additional chapters. The table of contents is as follows:
- The Party of Reason?
- The Irony of Atheism
- Dawkins’s Delusion
William Lane Craig
- Richard Dawkins’s Illusions
- Unreason at the Head of Project Reason
- John Loftus and the “Outsider-Insider Test for Faith”
- Atheism and the Argument from Reason*
- The Explanatory Emptiness of Naturalism
- Reason in a Christian Context
- The Marriage of Faith and Reason
- Faith and Reason in Historical Perspective*
David Marshall and Timothy McGrew
- A Sun to See By—Christianity, Meaning, and Morality
Samuel J. Youngs
- Are Science and Christianity at Odds?
- God and Science Do Mix
- The Problem of Evil and Reasonable Christian Responses
- Historical Evidences for the Gospels
- Did God Command the Genocide of the Canaanites?
- Christianity and Slavery
*Chapters Seven and Eleven are new additions in the second edition, not included in the Kindle version of True Reason.
The blurb from Amazon is as follows:
Today’s New Atheists proclaim themselves our culture’s party of reason. It is a claim they cannot sustain. Reason is the New Atheists’ weakness, not their strength and in fact, the Christian faith is a far better place to look for True Reason.
In sixteen carefully constructed essays by more than a dozen Christian thinkers including William Lane Craig, Sean McDowell, and Timothy McGrew,True Reason unmasks the frequent irrationality displayed by leading atheists like Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, and Christopher Hitchens. The authors go on to show the great extent to which the Christian faith has historically supported sound reasoning, and that Christian thinkers, past and present, have demonstrated real excellence in reasoned, rational thinking.
Making their case accessible to the first-time inquirer as well as the serious student, this top-flight team of writers presents a sound defense and a strong introduction to the true reason uniquely found in Christianity.
You can buy the paperback version of True Reason: Confronting the Irrationality of the New Atheism on Amazon here.